About Knit RN
I am a knitting and dyeing obsessed soon to be nurse. I am currently back in my birth city Houston, TX. This blog will chronicle my further adventures in knitting, dyeing and other things.
101 Things About Knit RN – ok I only have 66 done so far, I’m working on it.
1. How many keys are on your keychain? On my main keychain 3-Apartment Mailbox and Car. On my spare keychain, 2- my parent’s house and car. Then there’s the laundry room keychain.
2. What curse word do you use the most? Sh*t or F*ck. I’m trying to get back in the habit of using made up curse words like frell from Farscape.
3. Do you own an iPod? 20 gig that’s just about full of music and podcasts.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for? 7 one day a week, and 5 am 2-3 days a week occasionally 4 am and some days not at all.
5. How many suitcases do you own? 1 suitcase and 1 duffle bag, and a multitude of zippered totes..
6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside? No, but I almost never wear flip flops, sandals I wear until it is absolutely too cold.
7. Where do you buy your groceries from? From HEB (regional chain), local farmer’s markets, Central Market (gourmet grocery store) Kroger’s and Randall’s
8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take.
9. What was the last movie you watched? Hot Fuzz. It’s a funny Brit Com take off of the shoot em up cop movies done by the same people as Shaun of the Dead.
10. Do any of your friends have children? About half and half. Some of them have kids and the rest are getting married.
11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy? A house in Austin to live in after I graduate.
12. Has anyone ever called you lazy? Not as far as I can remember.
13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? Rarely. Sometimes I have trouble getting my mind to shut off even though my body is exhausted.
14. What CD is currently in your CD player? I don’t have a CD player. In my Ipod right now I have a mix of some of my favorite songs and the podcasts I listen to.
15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? Chocolate milk all the way. Regular milk is for cooking
16. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Not this week
17. When was the last time someone hit on you? My nieghbor’s friend hit on me last week. Unfortunately heavy drinkers without a place to stay (he’s camping out on my nieghhor’s couch) aren’t my type.
18. What did you have for dinner? A pannini made of Van de Rose Ham, Monti Trentini Asiago Fresco Pressato, and Arugula on Pagnotta.
19. Do you wear hoodies often? Never
20. Can you whistle? Passably – more birdlike than loud and piercing.
21. Have you ever participated in a protest? Yes, I participate in various political petitions and boycotts, with the rare demonstration.
22. Who was the last person to call you? Someone from school.
23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park? Give me a water ride and I’m happy.
24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? What did they say?
25. What area code are you in right now? Area code 713
26. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Yes, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, and Tiny Toons were all popular, buy my favorite was Animaniacs.
27. How big is your local mall? Big, 3 story high end mall with an Ice Rink and at least one hotel
28. How many siblings do you have? One younger sister.
29. Are you shy around the opposite sex? Yes, unfortunately
30. What is your biggest regret? That I have a hard time breaking out of my shell and talking to new people. This has led me to be fairly private and people think I am standoffish and snobby.
31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt? A couple of weeks ago I was on vacation with my sister and a couple of old friends, and we got were joking around while watching Hot Fuzz and afterwards.
32. What movie do you know every line to? The Muppet Movie, Marx Brothers movies.
33. Do you own any band t–shirts? I think I have a T-shirt from the last time I saw Paul Simon in concert. I would have to look in my stack of shirts for a t-shirt quilt. I have gotten away from t-shirts as souvenirs because they cost so much and are so short lived.
34. When was your last plane ride? May 2006, To Italy – Rome and Sicily
35. How many chairs are at your dining room table? Just 2 I’m in a tiny apartment and no more would fit.
36. Do you read for fun? Yes, Sci-Fi and Fantasy as well as a little romance when school reading gets heavy. I’m currently re reading some Anne McCaffrey
37. Can you speak any languages other than English? Parlo un piccolo italiano. Ancora sto imparando. (I am still learning Italian) I can also understand and read out a little bit of Spanish
38. Do you do your own dishes? If I want them to get washed I do.
39. What color is your bedroom painted? White, but not by choice. It’s a rental.
40. Have you ever cried in public? What does in public mean? I cry at happy and sad things all the time.
41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Laptop
42. Which do you make, wishes or plans? plans
43. Are you always trying to learn new things? I am always learning new things on a variety of subjects.
44. Do you shower on a daily basis? I only shower under duress. I take baths.
45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? No, I’m not a fan of pain. I’ll stick with my traditional ear piercing.
46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date? Yes, unless the girl asked.
47. Can you skip rocks? I’m a little rusty but I can get a good 2-3 skip in sometimes a 4 hopper
48. Have you ever been to Jamaica? No
49. What to snack on at the movie theaters? Popcorn with lots of butter and a Coke
50. Who was your favorite teacher? I guess my favorite teachers were my clinical instructors for Acute and for Mother/Baby. They both had a lot to teach and were in their own ways caring and supportive of us.
51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race? No, only because no-one has asked
52. What is the weather like? Lows in the 70’s and Highs in the 90’s F. with afternoon to evening thunderstorms.
53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? Probably not, one or two smallish tattoos are ok.
54. Do you have an online journal? .I have this blog and I am on a some knitting forums
55. What was your favorite class in high school? My environmental science class. We got to do a lot and go on a number of field trips in this class.
56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes? I love flying as long as I can’t see the pilot.
57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender? A sense of humor and intelligence.
58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive? Attractive is in the eye of the beholder, and I am more attracted to the person inside.
59. When was the last time you slept on the floor? A few years ago, all of my dad’s family was piled in to my grandmother’s house. (my dad is one of 8)
60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? It’s a tie between margaritas and strawberry daiquiris made with real strawberries
61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru? Which one there are 5 equidistant to me and 2 are across the street from each other. Some do and some don’t I don’t know off the top of my head because I never go to them, just pass by.
62. Do you like your living arrangement? I do. I am in a one bedroom apartment in a small complex, just a mile from the first house I lived in as a kid. It’s convenient to school and my clinical sites.
63. What is your mother’s hometown? Dallas, TX
64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? At least 4-5 preferably more like 6-7. I usually operate on short sleep during the week and catch up on weekends.
65. Do you eat breakfast daily? On school days I have a hard boiled egg and 2 home made mini muffins. Non school days I rarely have breakfast.
66. What was the last thing to scare you? The table my computer was on collapsed while I was typing on my laptop. Fortunately I was able to catch my computer before it hit the floor.
67. Are your days full and fast–paced? Full and fast paced right now, hopefully they will slow down a little bit soon.
68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?. Not that I can remember
69. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? Sometimes. I pay more attention to the ingredients
71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 33
72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Sometimes, but not too picky, since I have trouble with ie / ei in words.
73. Do you believe in life on other planets? I wouldn’t be surprised
74. Have you ever been to Six Flags? I have been to the original Six Flags over Texas and I can even tell you what all the countries the flags are from.
75. Who was the last person to piss you off? UPS I was at home waiting for a package, and I checked the status online and it showed that they had attempted to deliver but no one was home! I called and complained – turns out it wasn’t a substitute who didn’t have the gate code ( the story they put out at first) but my regular driver who had delivered to me the day before.
76. Do you believe that God has a gender? I go back and forth on this one. Right now I am leaning towards androgyny.
77. What was the last thing you ate? A cookie
78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? It depends upon the person and their attitude.
79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
80. How did your parents pick your name?
81. Do you like mustard? Yes
82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?
83. Would you ever sky dive? No
84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? All three
85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?
86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay?
87. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
89. Do you own a digital camera? Yes, and I’m on the lookout for a new one
90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
91. What celebrities have you been compared to?
92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?
94. What books, if any, have made you cry?
95. Do you think you’re attractive?
96. What are you allergic to?
97. Are you a jealous person?.
98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?
100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
101. Is it lunchtime yet?